Well, the year is allllllmost over. It's been a crazy one. I remember sitting down surrounding New Years of 2015; my wife and I were talking and we decided that 2015 would be the year of adventure. Well, it surely was that, indeed.
Here's a snippet of the happenings this year:
- I almost moved my family out to Florida.
- I missed out on all sorts of Physical Therapy happenings, including PPS :(
- I finished my MBA program from the University of Michigan in Spring.
- I opened up topics in this blog into more open topics in life. And, I even extended out into an Asian cultural platform... just for fun ;)
- We went to Star Wars Celebration.
- I joined a start up media development & marketing company called UpDoc Media.
- I gave up on "traditional" means of income, namely: corporate work and regular work as a physical therapist.
- My baby boy turned TWO YEARS OLD!
- We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at the Disneyland Grand California Hotel!
- Like many of you, I finally saw Star Wars... I say "finally" because my wife and I waited a week so we could see it in luxurious style at Cinepolis.
- I became a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blue Belt... which was a huge deal for me =P
- And, I kicked my cooking game up a notch by starting my journey down sushi chef-ism.
It's also been an absolute blur. If I've learned anything about 2015 and life in general, it's this: Time. Time is the one single asset in our lives that we should measure all other values by.
Time is the one thing we can't buy. Time is the one thing we can't beg for. Time is the one thing made equal. And, time is the one thing that at the end of our lives, we wish we had more of -- not things, not money, not houses, cars, tech, nor toys... it's time.
I learned that despite my "credentials," my time... was more valuable to the lives of my wife and my son by being at home.
I learned that it is absolutely possible to be a work at home dad -- as crazy and as scary as it is. In fact, I've been a work at home dad for more than 18 months.
I guess this leads into my launching of a new blog which centralizes on all these lessons... all these bits of life experience wrapped up into the year of 2015.
I am so very pleased and honored to share with you my launching of:
On January 4th, 2016, this blog goes live, giving you a transparent, vulnerable, raw look at how all this unfolded and why I gave up a $6-Figure job to be a better father and transform into Daddy In The Raw.