We've ALL been there before. Someone is talking in the background and you're beginning to register what is actually going on. Sadly, it had to be you... it had to be you that was closest to this situation that was about to unfold. You are ALREADY beginning to feel uncomfortable. The topic isn't any good. The conversation is getting worse...
5 Clinical Turn-Off Convos
1. The *insert degree here* debate. Be it DPT, DNP, DO, DC, MD, PharmD, PsyD, OD, DDS, whatever.... bleh. Even pharmacists at Ralph's have their name tag as Dr. So and So. We're all highly trained, educated, and ready to contribute. So... let's contribute together!
2. The *insert care extender here* debate. PTA, COTA, PA, NP, LVN, RNA, CNA... etc.
3. The *insert profession* Bashing Session, The only reason this occurs? INSECURITY!
4. Inpatient vs. Outpatient conversation... and don't forget... *whatever it is you forgot*
5. The Clinical Model's Debate. Sadly, this is highly philosophical and rarely is the actual conversation rooted in science, evidence, or even logic at its best. It's a battle of ideologies rather than of common sense.